- Period : S8/P3
- ECTS : 4
- Langue : Français
- Teaching Load / Total Load : 45/90
- Lectures/Exercices/Labs/Final Exam : 33/0/9/3
- Assessment :Group work and presentation
- Final grade = Group work and presentation
The coursework introduces students to Next Generation Services (NGN) and communication services, with a focus on Service architectures. The course describes in detail how communication services are conceived, developed and deployed in wireline and wireless networks.
The course concentrates on NGN architectures and the convergence of telco and web. The courses also address future evolutions (e.g. IMS-based IPTV, OTT, Telco 2.0) that will significantly change the telecommunication industry worldwide with the replacement of today’s networks.
The course also cover today’s networks, to allow the students understand the changes that the world of telecommunications and internet is facing. Message flows and procedures are thoroughly examined in class and in small student groups to strengthen understanding. CAMEL-based service architectures, IMS/NGN service architectures are particularly emphasized. The course also introduces the alternatives to operator-centric architectures to provide communication services to the users. Other approaches such as Peer-to-Peer systems, OTT, web-NGN convergence, user generated services are introduced.
With the emergence of the Internet-of-Things, everything is becoming connected, and so networks have evolved from primarily a source of information to the most important platform for many types of applications, involving all kinds of devices and objects. The basic of the Internet of Things and its potential of disruption will be presented.
In addition, the principles of the main social Networks and their role in today’s ecosystem are presented.
- UMTS Network protocols: quick reminder
- SS7 and signalling basics, Supplementary Services, UMTS procedures
- Intelligent Network
- IN principles, CAMEL
- Services: what are the challenges? Lessons learnt from IN
- From Telcos to WebCos
- MEGACO, H.248
- IMS, NGN architecture, TIPSAN
- Service architecture
- Web-NGN convergence,
- Telco 2.0 and OTT
- Software Defined Networking – SDN
- Network Function Virualisation – NFV
- P2P systems, P2P SIP, architectures and Service Overlays
- Online Social Networks and Social Communications
- Smart grids
Documentation and literature:
- Bertin, N. Crespi, Architecture and Governance for Communication Services London, UK, Wiley-ISTE (2013).
- Bertin, N. Crespi, Architecture et Gouvernance des Services de Communication Paris, France, Hermes Lavoisier (21013).
- Bertin, N. Crespi, T. Magedanz (Eds), “Evolution of Telecommunication Services – The Convergence of Telecom and Internet: Technologies and Ecosystems,” LNCS Vol. 7768, 2013, Springer
Person in charge :
Noel CRESPI (Noel.email@example.com)
- Noel Crespi (Télécom SudParis)
- Eric Hamel (Cisco Systems)
- Alain Sultan (ETSI)
- Bruno Chatras (Orange Labs)
- Mehdi Mani (ITRON)
Modifié le 2 décembre 2014